Choosing The Best-Looking Strip Shingle For Your Home
Some people think all 3-tab shingles look pretty much alike. Not so! At GAF, we’ve gone to great pains to make Royal Sovereign® Shingles the most beautiful strip shingles you can install.
Royal Sovereign® shingles are made with an advanced color sequencing technology, creating a rich and vivid design.
Here’s just a sampling of what these real homeowners said about Royal Sovereign® Shingles:
“It has more vivid color, it is a more vibrant color… not faded.”
“…looks clean, looks classier.”
“Looks more natural [than the others] because of the colors.”
“…stands out better than the other ones; I like the color, it is brighter.”
“It looks rich and very durable.”
- Trusted For Over 50 Years… Royal Sovereign® has been a go-to fiberglass 3-tab shingle for U.S. contractors and builders for over a half-century!
- Proven Quality… Over 10 billion Royal Sovereign® Shingles have been installed in North America—enough to circle the Earth more than 200 times if they were laid end to end!
- Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology… Reduces the use of precious natural resources while providing excellent protection for your home (learn more).
- Looks Great… Color Lock™ Ceramic Firing (granules) helps maintain the true shingle color.
- Stays In Place… Passes the industry’s two toughest wind tests: ASTM’s 110 mph and 150 mph wind tests (under controlled laboratory conditions).
- Excellent Performance… Extra-strong Micro Weave™ Core provides long life and durability.
- Great For Resale… Long-lasting beauty may increase your home’s resale value.
- Peace Of Mind… 25-year ltd. transferable warranty with Smart Choice® Protection (non-prorated material and installation labor coverage) for the first five years.
- StainGuard® Protection… Helps ensure the beauty of your roof against unsightly blue-green algae.
- 3-Tab Fiberglass Asphalt Construction
- 25-Year ltd. Transferable Warranty1
- 60 mph ltd. Wind Warranty1
- Class A Fire Rated – UL 790
- StainGuard® Protection (available in some areas)
- ASTM D7158, Class H
- ASTM D3018 Type 1
- ASTM D3161 Type 1, Class F
- ASTM D34622
- Miami-Dade County Product Control Approved
- Florida Building Code Approved
- Texas Department Of Insurance
- ICC Approved
- Classified in accordance with ICC-ES AC438
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified (U.S. Only)3
- Title 24 Compliant3
- Rated by the Cool Roof Rating Council
- Meets the Los Angeles Green Building Code
- Approx. 79 Pieces/Square (English)
- Approx. 316 Nails/Square (English)
- 5″ Exposure (English)
- Approx. 64 Pieces/Square4 (Metric)
- Approx. 256 Nails/Square4 (Metric)
- 5 5/8″ Exposure 4 (Metric)
- Approx. 3 Bundles/Square
- Solar Reflectance = .0273
- Thermal Emittance = .0913
- Solar Reflectance Index = 283