ULTIMATE DOUBLE HUNG
A contemporary classic, our Ultimate Double Hung Next Generation window blends traditional beauty with state-of-the-art window performance.
- Fixed glazed sash on both sides frame the two operable center panels
- Two center panels slide to each side of the window opening up an unobstructed view
- Two-point, concealed lock automatically engages when the window is closed
- Sash limiter available
- Perfect for the indoor/outdoor lifestyle, this window makes a large and easy pass-through from kitchen to outdoor dining or pool area.
- Originally developed as a custom solution, now available as a standard product.
With Marvin Coastal Complete, coastal residents no longer have to sacrifice beauty for performance. Designed with the coast in mind with:
- High-quality exterior cladding
- Standard AAMA 2605 finish
- Durable Fluropon® paint finish
- All exterior fasteners are corrosion resistant
Options available with a DP rating +/-65
The Ultimate Double Hung Next Generation window with clad exterior is also available as a Marvin StormPlus product, certified for IZ3. Marvin StormPlus products are designed and certified for specific coastal codes. These products feature reinforced frames and laminated glass.
Marvin’s low maintenance, clad-wood products feature an extruded aluminum exterior with high performance PVDF fluoropolymer paint finish as a standard that offers superior resistance to fading and chalking and meets the toughest AAMA 2605 standard. Marvin’s palette of nineteen durable colors includes a spectrum of rich colors and three fresh, pearlescent finishes backed by a twenty year warranty.
Any color. Any window or door. You name it.
No matter what your inspiration for a custom window or door color, Marvin® will match it. You get any color your heart desires, with your own personal custom color name and a 20-year warranty.
Marvin makes it easy to complement any project or design with an array of high-quality standard wood options, including Pine, Douglas Fir, White Oak, Cherry and more. And if your project requires the one-of-a-kind look of an unusual wood species, Marvin offers many beautiful and unique species including Maple, Black Walnut and Western Red Cedar.
Wood is a product of nature and will vary in color, texture and grain. The wood options shown above are to demonstrate the approximate look of each species only. The photos are not intended to reflect a product’s interior or exterior profile.
Staining and painting can be tedious and time-consuming. Ordering finishes that meet WDMA TM14-09 standards direct from the factory is a great way to achieve beautiful, ready-to-install windows and doors without the mess, fumes and time commitment.
Before a window or door is assembled, every piece of wood is put through our proprietary multi-step, integrated conditioning and staining process. The wood is conditioned, sanded and baked to ensure a more ideal, lating and beautiful finish.
Painting windows on the job site or scheduling off-site finishing can be time consuming. Marvin offers a Painted Finish Interior option on all Marvin pine windows and doors with a wood or clad exterior. The finish meets or exceeds WDMA TM 14-09 standards.
*Designer Black is available as a standard offering on clad-wood products only.
The interior edge detail where glazing meets wood is called sticking, sometimes referenced as bead. While ogee sticking is usually featured, square sticking can be specified for a clean, crisp, more contemporary look. Simulated divided lite bars in products with square sticking echo the design and share square profiles.
Square sticking is unavailable on IZ4 and fire-rated units, those with authentic divided lite, or with single glazing, and Tilt Pac units.
Marvin offers several glass options. Your Marvin dealer can help you determine which glass is best for your climate or the unique needs of your project.
Marvin has several options of Specialty Glass available for unique project needs.
Marvin offers a broad range of specialty glass options.
Laminated glazing is also available in clear, bronze, gray, or green with tinted interlayers.
Not all decorative glass is compatible with all products. Check with your Marvin dealer for a recommendation on which glass is right for your project.
Images may not be an accurate representation. Patterns and availability subject to change.
Simulated Divided Lite
- Simulated Divided Lite with Spacer Bar (SDLS) – an energy-efficient way to create the look of divided lites. SDLS bars are permanently adhered to both sides of the glass. A spacer bar is installed between the glass, creating the essence of Authentic Divided Lites.
- Simulated Divided Lite (SDL) – SDL bars are permanently adhered to both sides of the glass.
- Grilles-between-the-Glass (GBGs) – Grilles are permanently installed between the glass panes. This low maintenance option creates the look of divided lites. The interior and exterior color of the grilles can be different. Choose from 13 exterior colors and 4 interior colors.
- Removable Grilles – Solid wood Grilles on the interior offer the look of a classic divided lites, but can be easily removed for cleaning.
Authentic Divided Lite
- Authentic Divided Lite (ADL) – Separate pieces of glass are glazed between muntin bars-the way windows have been made since the beginning. Only now, Marvin’s state-of-the-art design adds energy efficiency to traditional appeal.
Marvin’s custom capabilities allow us to create almost any divided lite pattern you can dream up. Divided lites can feature an array of muntin widths, unique muntin profiles, rectangular or radius cuts and more. Choose from an existing lite cut, specify custom divided lites according to a new design or ask our design professionals to assist in creating a pattern for your needs.
The result is a window or door that combines the detailing and craftsmanship of a small millwork house with the product performance delivered by an industry leader.
These are some of our most frequently-requested divided-lite patterns.
The Sash Lock and Sash Lift are available in Satin Taupe, White, Bronze, Satin Chrome, Satin Nickel, Brass, Antique Brass, and Oil Rubbed Bronze.
Hardware finish samples are approximate. Please visit your local Marvin Dealer to see hardware finish samples.
- Full Screen – Exterior screen with an aluminum clad surround. (See Exterior Clad Color Options)
- Half Screen – Exterior screen with an aluminum clad surround. The screen covers only the lower portion of the window. (See Exterior Clad Color Options)
- Magnum Screen – An additional screen option made with a heavy extruded aluminum frame.
- Magnum Half Screen
* Charcoal Fiberglass mesh is standard on both standard wood and aluminum screen surrounds. Charcoal High Transparency Mesh is the standard mesh for Magnum screens, retractable screens and UCA wood screens.
All screens are shown here on a Casement window for representative purposes only.